Tuesday 15 October 2013

business blog 15-10-3013


This week is a busy week, which we got a lot of presentation; group project and work to do, even worst the content in class started become more difficult. Comparing to the previous weeks, I think I have to put more time on studying, in order to catch up the classes.
 

Organizational design and structure is the topic that I am learning this week. It’s meanly about organizational structure, division of work, centralization, Span of control, and finally matrix structure. In which matrix structure is the topic that I feel most confuse about.
 
 
More than that, I learnt how write a formal business report this week. Although it isn’t new to me, as I have heard about the format of a business report in class before and I think the style of writing is similar to the biology lab report that I used to write a lot before. However, I think writing a business report is more difficult than writing a scientific report, like sometime is hard to search for the detail information of a company, such as my business report for Samsung, it’s really hard to find the detail of how it divide it work to different department.
On another hand, I am working on a presentation about YouTube, which I am sure you must use this site at least once. It is an online video sharing website, which dominant the market of provider of online video.
I found something funny during my research, which the inspiration of creating YouTube is because the founder faces difficulty while searching a video of the singer, whose breast was accidentally exposed during her performance. Therefore he and his friend created YouTube, which let them earn thousands of dollars in the future.
Moreover, I just notice that YouTube is owned by Google, which Google acquired YouTube with $1.65 billion in 2006. In my opinion, I think Google really make a wise decision, that Google see YouTube is going to be successful in the future, as YouTube is the first and the most powerful media platform. I also think Google have a good management, as a well-organized management can forecast and predicting what might happen in the future.
In addition, I found it’s pretty amazing that YouTube can earn that such by only providing a site for people to share videos and earn through advertisements.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment